State-of-the-Art Cryotherapy in Crofton, MD
Cold Therapy Can Improve Your Health
Chiropractic and Cryotherapy – the perfect pair to treat acute and chronic pain.
Maryland Cryotherapy is the leading provider of cold therapy treatments in Anne Arundel County. A division of Effective Integrative Healthcare, Maryland Cryotherapy offers services that will help healing and recovery efforts for athletes and non-athletes. Cold therapy uses the same principles associated with applying ice to an injury or sore area. However, our techniques use state-of-the-art equipment to amplify the benefits and expedite the process. Call Maryland Cryotherapy in Crofton to learn more about our modernized version of the ice pack.
Understanding Cryotherapy and Recovery Treatments
Cryotherapy is a fancy way of saying cold treatment. The technique exposes your body to temperatures colder than negative 200 degrees Fahrenheit for two to three minutes. Cold therapy was developed in the 1970s and has been used in Western countries for several decades to aid in the recovery process for athletes, reduce inflammation and swelling, and supplement wellness programs. Our staff at Maryland Cryotherapy has years of experience administering the technique to a wide range of patients who have needed treatment ranging from whole-body cryotherapy to localized care.
Comprehending How Cold Therapy Works
Cold therapy occurs in many forms. You have likely used cold therapy at home by applying an ice pack or cold compress to a sprained ankle or a sore shoulder. The treatment you will receive at Maryland Cryotherapy operates using the same principles but accelerates the process using a technological approach. We use a cold chamber or cryostimulation treatment to significantly lower your body temperature and relieve your pain or discomfort. The abnormally low temperature will temporarily reduce your blood flow, which will lessen inflammation and nerve activity to alleviate pain near your muscles, joints, and tendons.
Benefits of Cryotherapy Treatment in Crofton, MD
The benefits of cryotherapy range from pain relief to weight loss, with proponents lauding the advantages of adopting a cold therapy treatment plan. Among the benefits you may receive from our cryotherapy treatment at Crofton’s Maryland Cryotherapy are:
- Decreased inflammation and joint swelling – Cryotherapy will effectively reduce muscle soreness and promote healing as a result of less inflammation
- Enhanced performance – Athletes who take advantage of our cold therapy will be able to recover from strenuous activity faster and improve their overall performance.
- Improved sleep – With less inflammation and pain throughout your body, you will be less restless during sleep and feel more refreshed when you awaken.
- Weight loss – Cryotherapy may help support your weight loss efforts. During your time in the cold chamber, your body must work harder to remain warm, thus increasing your metabolism. The pain relief associated with cold therapy will also make it easier to exercise.
Maryland Cryotherapy Offers Various Treatment Options
Maryland Cryotherapy offers a variety of innovative cold therapy techniques to promote muscle recovery, relieve chronic pain, and enhance the wellness of athletes and non-athletes. Our suite of services includes:
- Whole-body cryotherapy – This cold therapy involves immersing one’s body up to the neck into a chamber cooled to negative 200 degrees Fahrenheit and below by liquid nitrogen. This treatment will help decrease inflammation and joint swelling, tighten skin, stimulate collagen production, reduce anxiety, boost metabolism, and improve sleep patterns, among other benefits. Making this therapy a part of your routine will enhance long-term well-being and boost your energy.
- Local cryotherapy – This variety of cold therapy is most often used to treat athletes with soft tissue injuries, but it is increasingly utilized by non-athletes who suffer from joint or muscle pain. The cryostimulation applied during this approach stimulates blood flow to targeted areas, thus reducing pain and swelling. Among the benefits of this treatment are superior performance and a higher tolerance for strenuous physical activity.
- Cryofacials – Cryotherapy facials will rejuvenate and refresh the skin on your face and neck. It will also stimulate collagen production, which tightens skin and reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles. This treatment will produce immediate results after just one visit but is most effective over a series of sessions.
- NormaTec compression therapy – Maryland Cryotherapy also utilizes NormaTec’s original recovery system to improve patients’ recovery and performance. The digital system uses a sleeve device to envelop your legs, arms, or hips before applying compressed air to your limbs. The technique massages your tender areas, mobilizes lymphatic fluid, and removes lactic acid from your muscles. This therapy is suitable for athletes as well as those who spend significant time standing and people who deal with circulation problems.
Visit Maryland Cryotherapy for a Consultation
Whether you are an athlete hoping to reduce muscle pain and boost performance or someone who simply wants to tighten your skin and improve your mood, visit Maryland Cryotherapy in Crofton, MD for a consultation. Our team of experts will tailor a cryotherapy treatment plan to your specific needs. Call today to schedule an appointment and begin your journey to faster recovery and complete rejuvenation!