Relief from Osteoarthritis in Maryland
Effective Integrative Healthcare Treats Osteoarthritis
Patients throughout Maryland trust Effective Integrative Healthcare to provide relief for their osteoarthritis issues. Osteoarthritis can be debilitating when it affects one’s spine or large joints. But our team of medical professionals is committed to restoring each patient’s strength, mobility, and comfort through individualized treatment plans. We recognize that no two conditions are the same, so we meet with patients to evaluate their ailments, medical history, discomfort levels, and any extenuating variables. We address all four phases of care for every individual who visits us to ensure treatment is long-lasting and effective. If you or a loved one is struggling with osteoarthritis of the spine or large joints, call us today to learn more about how we can help.
Understanding Osteoarthritis in the Spine and Large Joints
Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis, and it typically affects middle-aged or older individuals. It is caused by a breakdown of cartilage in joints and can occur anywhere throughout the body. However, it most commonly affects the knees, hips, hands, neck, and lower back. More than 54 million Americans suffer from the condition, which is also related to:
- Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) – A gradual process, DDD occurs when degenerative changes cause the spine to lose its normal structure or function. DDD and osteoarthritis commonly occur together because facet joints – which are affected by osteoarthritis – and discs are part of the same three-joint complex. Osteoarthritis forms over time because degenerating discs place undue stress on the facet joints.
- Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD) – This encompasses all forms of osteoarthritis not related to the spine. Its symptoms include discomfort, swelling, loss of flexibility, and bony lumps. It typically occurs when normal wear and tear causes the cartilage in one’s joints to deteriorate.
Osteoarthritis Treatment at Effective Integrative Healthcare
The team of specialists at Effective Integrative Healthcare can relieve the symptoms of osteoarthritis in the spine and large joints while also treating the overall condition in a wide variety of ways. We use proven techniques to provide lasting comfort to DDD and DJD sufferers throughout Maryland. Our methodologies include:
- Chiropractic Care – The most popular alternative treatment for pain management, chiropractic care provides relief for patients with osteoarthritis affecting their spine or large joints. Our certified experts use professional equipment to deliver the highest-quality chiropractic care and specialized techniques available.
- Physical Therapy – Patients who are overcome with pain from DDD or DJD find it difficult to perform routine tasks. Our professionals work with people in this type of situation to increase mobility and flexibility through physical therapy, which can also improve balance and strength.
- Acupuncture – This ancient Chinese technique stimulates healing and relaxation. Additionally, it can improve blood circulation to promote overall wellbeing. We often combine this treatment with chiropractic care or physical therapy for the best results.
- Massage Therapy – To promote relaxation and ease the pressure on deteriorating joints, Effective Integrative Healthcare provides massage therapy to patients suffering from osteoarthritis. It can also increase joint mobility.
- Trigger Point Injections – Trigger points are areas of one’s body that tighten to cause chronic pain. This can add stress to one’s joints and ultimately cause discomfort. We can inject an anti-inflammatory drug into patients’ trigger points for long-lasting relief.
Visit Effective Integrative Healthcare to Discuss Your Options
Osteoarthritis is a painful condition that limits what sufferers can do. Many people who experience osteoarthritis in their spine or large joints cannot perform routine activities like reaching for a glass on the top shelf or playing with their kids or grandchildren. It can also affect their posture. If you or a loved one has DJD or DDD, do something about it. Effective Integrative Healthcare has a host of treatment options available to restore normalcy to your life. We focus on the four phases of care to determine the treatment plan that will work best for you. We aim to provide immediate relief, restore joint function, strengthen joints, and ensure long-term sustainability for every patient. We offer free consultations to evaluate each patient’s condition and develop a unique treatment plan that will ensure success and prevent issues from worsening. Do not continue to suffer from osteoarthritis. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.