We Can Treat Your Tendonitis
For more than a decade, the specialists at Effective Integrative Healthcare have been treating patients who are dealing with complications from tendonitis. We have multiple locations to ensure we can conveniently serve individuals from throughout Maryland. Tendonitis can affect several areas of your body, but it is most common near your elbows, heels, knees, shoulders, or wrists. It causes pain or swelling around your joints, and it can make simple tasks like opening a jar or walking upstairs challenging. Our team is committed to helping you feel well and move comfortably. Using a comprehensive integrative approach with multiple providers, we can usher you through the four phases of care – relief, corrective, strengthening, and wellness. With locations in Millersville, Crofton, and Lanham, MD, we are happy to serve you. Call us today to learn more about our tendonitis treatments.
Our Team Will Help You Understand Tendonitis
Tendonitis is a condition marked by inflammation or irritation of a tendon, typically at the point where it attaches to a bone. Though a sudden injury can cause tendonitis, it commonly develops as the result of repetitive motions over time. For instance, a tennis player may develop tendonitis in his or her elbow from constant play, or you may develop it on your job through overexertion. Regardless of how your tendonitis developed, we can help. Let us know right away if you notice swelling or tightness in your joints. We will meet with you to pinpoint the underlying issue. Our goal is not only to provide tendonitis pain relief, but also to treat its cause.
We Offer a Wide Range of Tendonitis Treatment Plans
All of our patients are different. The causes, severity, and complications of their tendonitis injuries vary. As a result, the team of doctors at Effective Integrative Healthcare will meet with you one-on-one to customize your treatment plan. We will consider factors including your age, pain levels, and underlying issues related to your condition to devise a program that will help you feel comfortable again. Our plans will include some combination of:
- Physical therapy – Our physical therapy treatments help balance and improve your range of motion, manage your pain, and promote healing.
- Chiropractic care – We will complete a thorough evaluation of your condition before using non-invasive chiropractic methods to provide tendonitis pain relief.
- Acupuncture – This form of treatment involves strategically placing needles into your body to promote energy flow and relieve pain.
How to Keep Tendonitis from Recurring
Our treatment philosophy involves comprehensive care that lasts well beyond initial pain relief. At Effective Integrative Healthcare, you will receive targeted treatment that focuses on the four phases of care to ensure that your tendonitis does not persist or return. Our four phases of care are:
- Relief Care – This initial phase is designed to reduce pain and nerve irritation while increasing flexibility. It is meant to help you feel better and prevent a relapse.
- Corrective Care – With pain minimized, we can begin to correct your issue by repositioning your joint, restoring joint function, and increasing range of motion.
- Strengthening Care – Now that your tendons are functioning correctly, we will help strengthen your joints and rehabilitate your muscles.
- Wellness Care – The long-term element of care, this final step aims to help you maintain structural integrity, reduce muscular stress, and achieve physical wellbeing.
Contact us for Tendonitis Treatment Today
If you are having trouble reaching for a glass on the top shelf because of shoulder pain or playing tennis on the weekends because of elbow pain, tendonitis may be the culprit. Effective Integrative Healthcare offers a range of tendonitis treatment options to help relieve your pain and restore your mobility. We have three convenient locations – in Millersville, Crofton, and Lanham, MD – where we can serve you. Following an initial consultation, we will devise treatment and prevention plans to help restore normalcy to your life. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.