We Can Treat You Following a Workplace Injury
If you are injured on the job, your employer may be responsible for covering your medical care expenses. In such instances, you should seek worker’s compensation treatment from the professionals at Effective Integrative Healthcare. We have convenient locations in Lanham, Crofton, and Millersville, MD. Our team of chiropractors, therapists, acupuncturists, and more is dedicated to relieving our patients’ pain and helping them return to normalcy following a workplace injury. We have spent more than a decade serving patients from throughout the Old Line State, and we are eager to help with your worker’s compensation treatment. Call us today to learn more about our approach and how you can protect yourself.
Common Types of Workplace Injuries
Workplace injuries are common across a wide range of industries. But it is important to be able to distinguish how you suffered your injury so that you can get the most out of your worker’s compensation claims. The team at Effective Integrative Healthcare treats a variety of workplace injuries. Some of the most common we see are from:
- Trips, Slips, and Falls – If you slip on wet office floors, trip over tangled computer cords, or fall due to poor lighting, you may suffer broken bones, sprains, cuts, or other injuries.
- Stress or Overexertion – Some of the most common workplace injuries are the result of repetitive motions that damage joints, muscles, or tendons.
- Heavy Machinery Accidents – In factories or on farms or construction sites, heavy machinery can cause significant injuries to workers.
What to Do After Suffering an Injury on the Job
There are several steps you should take following a workplace injury to guarantee you receive the compensation you deserve from your employer. If you are injured due to your employer’s negligence, you are entitled to benefits including medical coverage and more. The professionals at Effective Integrative Healthcare can help with your recovery, but it is incumbent upon you to take the necessary action to protect yourself. Following a workplace injury, you should:
- Report Your Injury Immediately – As soon as you suffer an injury, be sure to report it. Proper documentation will be paramount to filing a worker’s compensation claim.
- Understand Your Available Benefits – It is critical to understand the benefits available to you from your employer, so review them carefully.
- File an Appropriate Claim – Whether you need permanent or temporary disability benefits, file accordingly so that you can begin receiving treatment.
- Undergo an Independent Medical Exam – Your employer may require you to complete an independent medical exam before approving benefits.
- Seek Care from Effective Integrative Healthcare – Our clinics in Maryland have treated a wide array of workplace injuries, so you can trust our team to care for you.
Our Various Worker’s Compensation Treatments
No two injuries are identical, so we will customize a worker’s compensation treatment plan that immediately addresses your pain while also ensuring long-term results. Our experts have extensive experience treating workplace injuries, so you can rest assured your treatment will be carefully considered. Using proven techniques and state-of-the-art equipment, we will help you feel well again. You can expect a combination of treatments that may include:
- Chiropractic care – Using chiropractic adjustments and manipulations, we can help relieve pain in your joints, muscles, back, and more.
- Physical therapy – Many workplace injuries, especially those from overexertion, can benefit from professional physical therapy.
- Acupuncture – Our acupuncturists use this centuries-old technique to promote healing and relieve pain.
- Trigger point injections – Using an anti-inflammatory drug called Sarapin that we will inject into a series of trigger points, we can relieve pain, loosen muscles, and improve strength.
- Massage therapy – This method of treatment is excellent for increasing flexibility and mobility while also alleviating discomfort.
We Provide Immediate Relief and Long-Lasting Results
When you are hurt on the job, your initial goal is likely to relieve the pain you are feeling. That is our goal, too. But more importantly, we want to provide long-lasting results so that you can return to your typical routine – both at home and at work. That is why we focus on the four phases of care, which include:
- Relief Care – We will alleviate your pain and increase mobility.
- Corrective Care – Our team will correct any lingering issues with your joints, muscles, and tendons.
- Strengthening Care – We will help you strengthen your muscles to prevent recurrences.
- Wellness Care – This long-term phase aims to achieve overall physical wellbeing.
Contact Effective Integrative Healthcare Today
Following a workplace injury, it is critical to seek prompt, effective worker’s compensation treatment. Quick action will help ensure a speedy recovery and return to normalcy. The staff at Effective Integrative Healthcare has performed worker’s compensation treatments in Maryland for more than a decade. From our state-of-the-art clinics in Lanham, Crofton, and Millersville, MD, we will help you get back to your normal, active lifestyle using a variety of treatment approaches. Contact us today for a consultation so that we can customize a treatment plan for you.