Effective Integrative Healthcare Treats Numbness and Tingling
The medical professionals at Effective Integrative Healthcare are adept at treating patients experiencing numbness and tingling. Such sensations are caused by a wide range of issues related to one’s nerves and discs, among other processes. Patients typically notice the feeling in their arms, legs, hands, or feet, but it can occur anywhere. Our team will address any issue you have using state-of-the-art technology and therapeutic techniques. Whether your numbness and tingling stem from bulging discs, neuropathy, sciatica, or any other condition, Effective Integrative Healthcare can help. If you experience symptoms of a stroke – such as sudden numbness, confusion, or vision problems – call 911 immediately. Otherwise, give us a call to learn about how we can provide relief.
Conditions that Cause Numbness and Tingling
People suffering from numbness or tingling may experience reduced feeling or an unpleasant “pins and needles” sensation in their neck, arms, legs, or other areas. Most can attribute the feelings, or lack thereof, to problems with nerve function. These problems can include damage to nerves, something pressing on nerves, or a body chemistry imbalance that interferes with nerves. Effective Integrative Healthcare’s team of specialists can typically diagnose problems promptly and deliver quick relief for conditions such as:
- Peripheral Neuropathy – Nerve damage, dysfunction, or degeneration characterize this problem with one’s peripheral nervous system. Neurons are unable to communicate effectively with each other or the brain if nerve cells are damaged, which leads to numbness and tingling.
- Herniated Disc – Problems with one or more of the discs that serve as cushions between vertebrae can cause nerve irritation. This results in numbness or tingling radiating from the affected area, most typically in the lower back but possible up to one’s neck.
- Sciatica – The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the human body, and it controls several muscles in the lower legs. Compression of the nerve in the lower spine can cause numbness in one’s legs or tingling in feet and toes.
Treatment for Numbness and Tingling
Effective Integrative Healthcare specializes in a variety of treatment options that can remedy numbness or tingling caused by a wide range of issues. Our experts offer a host of therapies and techniques that have been proven to help patients restore function and resume regular activities. You do not have to learn to live with numbness and tingling. The remedies our team provides include:
- Chiropractic Care – The most popular and effective treatment, chiropractic care is a noninvasive way to alleviate discomfort and pressure on one’s nervous system. Our advanced methodologies address the symptoms as well as the root causes of patients’ numbness and tingling. Each chiropractic care treatment plan is unique to one’s specific needs. Individualized plans focus on both short-term relief and long-term healing.
- Disc Decompression – Especially when dealing with herniated or bulging discs, spinal decompression can provide fast relief from tingling and numbness. Using FDA-approved, nonsurgical equipment, we can gently stretch and elongate a patient’s spine during a treatment session spanning 20-30 minutes.
- Massage Therapy – Our professionals can help improve blood circulation, increase flexibility, and decrease pain through tailored massage therapy treatments. By increasing blood flow, we can help eliminate numbness and tingling.
- Trigger Point Injections – After a thorough patient evaluation, our healthcare team can identify sources of nerve problems and develop treatment plans centered around specific areas of a patient’s body. Our licensed medical providers administer trigger point injection therapy directly to the area where discomfort is originating.
- Acupuncture – This ancient Chinese technique with origins dating back 3,000 years involves placing needles in strategic points on a patient’s body to promote energy flow and relieve ailments. It affects the neurological system by stimulating nerves, enhancing blood flow, and activating the release of pain-reducing hormones.
Call Effective Integrative Healthcare for Your Treatment Plan
Numbness or tingling feelings may seem relatively minor at first, but their omnipresence can become unbearable. However, relief is possible. Effective Integrative Healthcare addresses patients’ physiological and biomechanical issues without using drugs or surgery. We focus on the four phases of care – relief care, corrective care, strengthening care, and wellness care. This arc ensures fast relief from symptoms, long-term viability, improved function, and sustainability. Schedule an appointment at one of our four convenient offices in Maryland. We gladly offer free consultations to help understand what ails you before presenting you with options regarding ways to treat your condition and prevent it from recurring. Contact us today to get started on a path toward a lifestyle free of numbness and tingling.