We Can Treat Your Whiplash Injury
Patients throughout Maryland trust Effective Integrative Healthcare to treat their whiplash injuries. We have been a staple in the community for more than a decade, with convenient clinics in Croton, Lanham, and Millersville, MD. Our team of chiropractors and therapists is committed to relieving your whiplash pain and helping restore your mobility. We meet with each patient who walks through our doors individually so that we can customize a whiplash treatment plan that fits his or her circumstances. We know that whiplash injuries vary in severity, so it is critical that we address your case in a unique fashion. Using a combination of proven techniques and state-of-the-art equipment, our highly-trained team will have you feeling like your usual self again in no time. Call our friendly staff to learn more about whiplash treatment in Crofton, MD.
Signs You May Have Suffered Whiplash
Many people associate whiplash injuries with car accidents. While car accidents are common causes of whiplash injuries, they are far from the only cause. We treat patients who have suffered whiplash injuries playing high-impact sports, after violent falls, and as a result of physical abuse. It is important to remember that signs of whiplash injuries are not always immediate. You may not feel their effects for several days or even weeks after they occur. However, be wary of some of whiplash’s common symptoms, including:
Other more serious signs of whiplash include tinnitus, blurred vision, difficulty concentrating, and sleep disturbances. Call Effective Integrative Healthcare immediately if you notice any of these concerns.
Understanding Long-Term Effects of Whiplash
Moderate cases of whiplash typically heal within a matter of weeks. But severe whiplash injuries may include symptoms that persist for months or years. Though it is difficult to predict where your injury will fall on the spectrum, you are more likely to deal with long-term whiplash effects if:
- Your symptoms appear shortly after your accident
- Your symptoms include headaches, neck pain, and radiating pain in your arms
- You have had whiplash before
- You have pre-existing neck or back conditions
Our Team Offers Comprehensive Whiplash Treatments
Every case of whiplash is unique, so we will customize a treatment plan for you. Effective Integrative Healthcare’s chiropractors specialize in a wide array of whiplash treatments. We will determine a treatment plan that is right for you using a combination of the following disciplines:
- Chiropractic care – Our chiropractors will use professional adjustments and manipulations to relieve pressure on your nerves and reduce pain from your whiplash injury.
- Physical therapy – We will expedite your recovery using safe, effective physical therapy treatments that cater to your needs.
- Acupuncture – This form of treatment reduces pain and promotes relaxation, among other benefits, using strategically-placed needles.
- Trigger point injections – We can inject an anti-inflammatory drug called Sarapin into a series of trigger points to loosen your muscles and alleviate pain.
- Massage therapy – With an understanding of your condition, our specialists can use massage therapy to relieve muscle pain, promote relaxation, and improve flexibility.
Lasting Care for Your Whiplash Injury
Because some whiplash injuries can persist for months or years, we will be your partner as long as you need us for whiplash pain relief. But we want to do much more than simply relieve your pain. Our goal is to provide long-lasting care. Using our understanding of the four phases of care, we will ensure you can return to normalcy following a whiplash injury. The four phases are:
- Relief Care – This phase is designed to reduce pain and increase flexibility. This is the step of the process that aims to help you feel better.
- Corrective Care – After initial pain relief, we can begin to correct any issues surrounding your whiplash injury by restoring joint function and structure.
- Strengthening Care – Once your muscles and joints are functioning correctly, we will help strengthen them to prevent a recurrence.
- Wellness Care – The final phase aims to help you maintain structural integrity, reduce muscular stress, and achieve physical wellbeing.
Call Effective Integrative Healthcare for Whiplash Treatment
Whiplash injuries can have painful symptoms that make it difficult to tilt your head as well as serious concerns that affect your ability to sleep through the night. Effective Integrative Healthcare wants to ensure that these do not persist, so we will customize a whiplash treatment plan for you. We have three convenient locations – in Crofton, Lanham, and Millersville, MD – so getting to us should not be an issue. Following an initial consultation, we will use our expertise to devise whiplash treatments that guarantee short-term pain relief and long-lasting results. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.