Effective Integrative Healthcare Relieves Sciatica Pain
The friendly team at Effective Integrative Healthcare in Maryland treats patients suffering from sciatica. Individuals dealing with the condition experience pain in their lower back or buttocks that can travel into their legs, but we aim to relieve that pain through a holistic, integrative approach to treatment. With effective chiropractic care and various other treatment efforts, we can help promote the body’s natural healing ability and improve function. Sciatic nerve pain can be dull or sharp, frequent or occasional, and radiating or concentrated. As a result, the approach to treatment will vary for every patient we see. But our experts are adept at addressing the issue and providing fast relief, so visit us for a consultation. We will help explain your condition and devise a treatment plan that will best suit you. Call us today to learn more.
Overview of Sciatica and its Symptoms
Sciatica is pain that radiates from the sciatic nerve, which branches off one’s lower spine and runs through the hips, buttocks, and each leg. In most cases, sciatica only affects one side of the body. It is often precipitated by a herniated disc or bone spur compressing the spine, which leads to inflammation, pain, and possibly numbness in the affected leg. Discomfort can be present anywhere along the nerve’s pathway and can even feel like a jolt or electric shock. Though the symptoms can be severe, that does not mean that the treatment must be overly complex. Most sufferers opt for chiropractic care instead of surgical procedures because of its myriad benefits related to the sciatic nerve and overall wellness.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Sciatica
Effective Integrative Healthcare’s specialists are trained to provide relief for sciatica. Due to the nature of the condition, manipulations and adjustments to the spine are effective ways to relieve pressure and pain. If your sciatica is caused by a herniated disc or bone spur, we can use various therapies to alleviate the tension and reduce your pain. The benefits, however, are not limited to pain relief. Patients who visit us for sciatica treatment ultimately experience increased flexibility and mobility, improved circulation, and decreased recovery time from related injuries. We can help ensure quick, long-lasting relief from sciatica in Maryland.
Sciatica Treatment at Effective Integrative Healthcare
There are several approaches to treating sciatica. The symptoms and causes of sciatica can vary greatly, so the Effective Integrative Healthcare team must develop an individualized strategy for treating each patient’s condition. Our treatment plans can comprise several different techniques that work because of their congruence. The treatments we offer include:
- Chiropractic Care – Our doctors and specialists provide chiropractic adjustments to a patient’s spine to relieve sciatica pain and increase mobility.
- Physical Therapy – Physical therapists can help patients identify ways to move more comfortably and alleviate pressure on their sciatic nerve. This provides short-term pain relief as well as progressive healing benefits that will reduce symptoms in the long term.
- Massage Therapy – We use proven massage therapy techniques to alleviate pain all along the sciatic nerve. Patients may experience relief in their back, hips, buttocks, and legs. This approach enhances the benefits patients receive from chiropractic care and physical therapy.
- Acupuncture – To trigger the release of pain-reducing hormones and foster a better flow of energy, Effective Integrative Healthcare practices acupuncture for patients suffering from sciatica. This rejuvenating technique typically lasts for about 15 to 30 minutes each session.
- Trigger Point Injections – Because sciatica results from compression on the sciatic nerve, trigger point injections are effective. We can introduce an anti-inflammatory drug to release pressure on the nerve and relieve associated pain.
Contact Effective Integrative Healthcare in Maryland
Sciatic nerve pain ranges in severity but is never desirable. Whether your pain is of the intermittent, dull variety or an omnipresent, sharp sensation, trust Effective Integrative Healthcare for sciatica pain relief. We are proud to help patients in Maryland with customized treatment plans centered around chiropractic care. Our team is dedicated to helping each patient live a pain-free, mobile lifestyle, which is why we base our treatment approaches on the four phases of care. If you suffer from sciatica, rely on us for relief, correction, strengthening, and overall wellness. We proudly offer free consultations at our Maryland offices to assess patients’ conditions and formulate safe, integrative, effective treatment plans. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.