Effective Integrative Healthcare Offers Holistic Pain Relief
Women may endure aches all over their bodies during pregnancy, but Effective Integrative Healthcare can deliver holistic pain relief for expecting mothers. Our team of medical professionals specializes in a wide assortment of chiropractic therapy techniques to reduce inflammation, promote the body’s natural healing process, and restore mobility. At each of our convenient Maryland locations, we use state-of-the-art technology to keep patients comfortable in the short and long term. Our gentle and effective holistic approach can help reduce pain throughout pregnancy and childbirth. Call us today to learn about some of the benefits of chiropractic care as well as the techniques we can utilize.
Why Chiropractic Care is Necessary During Pregnancy
A woman’s body goes through an abundance of changes during pregnancy, some more obvious than others. After a few months, everyone will start to notice a baby bump and slight weight gain. But not everyone will see the effect pregnancy has on overall posture. A protruding abdomen, increased back curve, and pelvic changes can all cause an expecting mother’s spine or joints to misalign. Such adaptations can lead to aches and pains in her back, neck, and joints. Moreover, misalignment can limit the amount of room available to the developing baby. Chiropractic care is a holistic way to treat pain, but it also helps minimize complications with childbirth. A misaligned pelvis may affect a woman’s ability to have a natural birth rather than a c-section, but chiropractic care at Effective Integrative Healthcare can proactively address this concern.
Other Potential Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is a gentle, effective holistic treatment that greatly benefits expecting mothers. The chiropractors at Effective Integrative Healthcare are trained to work with pregnant women and can ensure their treatment is safe. We are careful to avoid any unnecessary pressure on the abdomen and even offer specialized tables and equipment to ensure the comfort of the mother and baby. The benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy are abundant. The most noticeable result during pregnancy is pain relief in the joints, back, and neck. But chiropractic care during pregnancy can also:
- Maintain a healthier pregnancy
- Improve mobility
- Control symptoms of nausea
- Reduce the duration of labor and delivery
- Prevent the need for a cesarean delivery
Integrative Treatment Plans for Pregnancy Pain Relief
Expecting mothers trust Effective Integrative Healthcare for holistic pregnancy pain relief using a wide range of techniques. Every patient and pregnancy is different, so we meet with each woman before determining a care plan that will suit her needs. We focus our treatment plans on painful areas and alignment issues that could affect delivery. Our integrative approach may include:
- Chiropractic Care – The most popular alternative treatment for pain management is chiropractic care. Our staff uses a wealth of knowledge and expertise to address patients’ pain and alignment issues gently and effectively. For pregnant women, we use specialized equipment to ensure safety and are careful to avoid unnecessary pressure that would affect the baby. The practice helps alleviate discomfort and enhances overall wellbeing.
- Acupuncture – For thousands of years, specialists have practiced acupuncture, a Chinese medicine technique that uses strategically-placed needles to promote the body’s energy flow. It can relieve the pain of pregnant women by enhancing blood flow and triggering the release of pain-reducing hormones.
- Massage Therapy – The therapists at Effective Integrative Healthcare can gently and effectively manipulate the muscles and joints of pregnant women to enhance their posture and reduce their pain. This technique helps to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
Contact Effective Integrative Healthcare Today
Expecting mothers must manage aches and pains throughout their pregnancies. Their muscles hurt, their mobility is limited, and their posture is less than ideal. All these issues can affect the baby and his or her eventual delivery. But Effective Integrative Healthcare in Maryland can help mitigate any concerns. Our professionals utilize an integrative, holistic approach to pain relief that also helps ensure a safe pregnancy. By incorporating chiropractic care, acupuncture, and massage therapy, among other techniques, we can focus on the four phases of care. Ultimately, we want to provide our patients with fast relief from pain, effective care to reposition structures and restore joint function, strength rehabilitation, and long-term wellness. If you are an expecting mother who is curious about holistic pain relief, schedule a free consultation with us. We will meet with you to evaluate your circumstances and develop an ideal treatment plan. Contact us today to get started.