Seek Chiropractic Care for Total Body Wellness
At Effective Integrative Healthcare in Millersville, MD, our primary goals are threefold: to deliver rapid pain relief; to correct the underlying health issues; and to restore optimum functioning. Our mission is to provide a transformative experience for our patients, enabling them to experience better quality of life through improved health. For all types of symptoms and conditions, our chiropractic care addresses the underlying causes to provide improvements that last.
Common Symptoms & Conditions Our Chiropractors Treat
Our chiropractic-treated symptoms and conditions include a diverse range of neuro-musculoskeletal issues. Chiropractor treatment plans are ideal for patients with both acute and chronic issues. At our three locations in Millersville, Crofton, and Lanham, MD, we provide chiropractic care for the following:
- Arm Pain – We treat conditions that affect the arm from the fingers to the shoulders, including carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Arthritis – A chiropractic adjustment benefits arthritis by reducing inflammation. We treat many forms of arthritis, including osteoarthritis of the spine and large joints.
- Auto Accident Injuries – Many of our patients come to us after being involved in a car crash. The force of a crash can cause a range of dysfunctions, such as whiplash.
- Back Pain – Acute and chronic back pain is one of the most common reasons why people visit our chiropractors. We diagnose the underlying problem before delivering an effective chiropractic adjustment.
- Disc Injuries – The intervertebral discs cushion the spinal vertebrae. Yet, they are prone to injuries, especially as the patient grows older and the discs lose moisture.
- Chronic Pain – Far too many Americans live with chronic pain, but you don’t have to be one of them any longer. Let our compassionate team help.
- Headaches – Tension headaches and migraines are two of the most common types of headaches that respond well to chiropractic treatment.
- Joint Pain – Did you know that chiropractors can adjust any joint in the body—not just the spinal joints?
- Muscle Spasms – Among the many chiropractic adjustment benefits are a resolution of muscle spasms.
- Neck Pain – The neck is the upper region of the spine. Our chiropractors take a gentle approach toward treating neck pain and stiffness.
- Neuropathy-Associated Complaints – Neuropathies involve damage to the nerves, often causing numbness and tingling. Our chiropractors specialize in the nervous system.
- Pinched Nerves – Pinched nerves can cause severe pain. Our chiropractors can effectively relieve the pain with adjustments.
- Plantar Fasciitis – If you experience a sharp pain in the heel of your foot, you may have plantar fasciitis, which can benefit from the attention of our chiropractors.
- Pregnancy Issues – Pregnancy can cause a variety of aches and pains, including back pain.
- Rotator Cuff Injuries – This common shoulder issue can make it difficult to complete daily tasks, but our team can help.
- Sciatica – You may have sciatica if you experience pain extending from your lower back down the back of one leg.
- Scoliosis – Did you know chiropractic care can treat complications of scoliosis, and may even reduce this spinal deformity?
- Sports Injuries – We enjoy working with active individuals to help them continue to enjoy their sports without pain.
- Sprains and Strains – Ankles, knees, wrists, and thumbs are most prone to sprains and strains.
- Work-Related Injuries – We commonly work with injured employees, and are always happy to help with the workers’ compensation documentation.
The chiropractic care team at EIH works with patients of all ages, including pediatric patients.
Enjoy the Benefits of a Chiropractic Adjustment
The body doesn’t always function as it should, often due to anatomical misalignments. A chiropractic adjustment is a technique that realigns wayward structures, allowing for proper biomechanics and unblocking nervous system pathways. Although a chiropractor can actually adjust any joint in the body that has become misaligned, they are best known for spinal adjustments. The chiropractors at EIH can perform adjustments manually or with medical instruments. Both approaches involve the application of precisely targeted, gentle force to manipulate the body’s structures and nudge them into proper alignment.
Chiropractic adjustment benefits include:
- Immediate relief of pain
- Reduction of inflammation
- Easing of muscle tightness and spasms
- Restoration of mobility and functionality
Why Seek Chiropractic Care for These Conditions?
A chiropractic treatment plan is the ideal remedy for a wide range of symptoms and conditions. There are many benefits of seeking chiropractic care to heal your body, such as the fact that it can provide rapid pain relief. After a chiropractic adjustment that properly aligns the structures of your spine, you can enjoy an immediate improvement in painful symptoms. Furthermore, chiropractors focus on providing pain relief that lasts.
Another reason to seek chiropractic care is its drug-free, noninvasive nature. Other medical treatments, such as pain relief medications and surgeries, can cause unwanted side effects and sometimes even dangerous complications. Chiropractic care is gentle and conservative by nature. It provides relief by addressing anatomical obstructions that block the healing process. Lastly, chiropractors have an excellent track record of patient safety.
Know What to Expect When Visiting a Chiropractor in MD
We take a comprehensive approach to chiropractic care. During your initial appointment, you and your chiropractor will explore your health history and discuss your current health issues. Be prepared to answer questions about when the pain started, whether you were involved in an accident, and which activities make the pain worse or better. Then, your chiropractor will conduct an examination. Depending on your particular needs, it may include testing the range of motion, strength, and neurological integrity of certain body parts. Your chiropractor may also request some diagnostic tests, such as bloodwork.
Then, your chiropractic treatment plan can be developed based on those findings. Your personalized chiropractic care plan may include a combination of treatment modalities, such as a chiropractic adjustment, cold laser therapy, massage therapy, disc decompression, and others.
Reasons to Choose EIH for Chiropractic Care
At EIH, we take a compassionate, patient-centered approach to healthcare. Each of our providers collaborates closely with our patients to ensure their voices are heard and their expectations are exceeded. Our focus on clinical excellence isn’t the only reason why so many patients in Lanham choose EIH, however. Consider the following:
- Free consultation with your provider
- Customized treatment plans
- A holistic approach that considers the whole patient
- Rapid pain relief that lasts
- Advanced treatment modalities and techniques based on the latest scientific evidence
Plus, EIH offers three convenient locations in Millersville, Crofton, and Lanham to better serve the needs of our neighbors in MD.
Visit Our Chiropractic Team Today
Effective Integrative Healthcare welcomes inquiries from new and current patients. We’re pleased to offer free consultations with our chiropractic care team at our convenient locations in Millersville, Lanham, and Crofton, Maryland. With a focus on total body wellness using customized treatment plans and advanced treatment modalities, EIH can restore you to optimum function. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.