We Provide Chiropractic Care for Work Injuries
Effective Integrative Healthcare provides work injury treatment to Crofton and Millersville, MD patients. Our team is experienced in workers’ compensation cases and can work seamlessly to ensure you have the paperwork needed to support your claim. If you have been injured at work and are not sure what to do, consult your supervisor, and contact our expert team for additional information. You should always follow your company’s policies in workplace injury cases to make sure you don’t have to pay for an on-the-job problem out of your own pocket. Occupations that frequently have a higher percentage of injury or death include fields such as construction, transportation, and fishing, but an injury can also occur in many other areas. If you’ve experienced a workplace injury, contact us today.
What is Work Injury Chiropractic Treatment?
Work injury chiropractic adjustments are performed on patients with varying types and degrees of workplace injuries. There are different kinds of work injury chiropractic treatment options.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help With Workplace Injuries?
When it comes to workplace injuries, chiropractic care can help. The chiropractors at Effective Integrative Healthcare utilize a wide range of treatment techniques for patients with workplace injuries. These techniques often include spinal manipulation, decompression, and physical therapy. The technique we use for your unique situation will depend on the type of workplace injury you have sustained. Spinal manipulation, decompression, and physical therapy can help by:
- Reducing pain – By manipulating the body’s alignment, our highly-trained chiropractors can provide patients with immediate relief and improved function, which will help the body heal itself. This process will help alleviate pain from neck, joints, hips, and head injuries.
- Improving range of motion – If your workplace injury has occurred in your neck or back, you may feel stiffness or loss of flexibility. Spinal manipulation and adjustments, trigger point therapy, electrical stimulation, and cold laser therapy are chiropractic treatments proven to improve flexibility and restore the normal range of motion.
- Reducing inflammation – When injured or misaligned, our joints can cause pain, swelling, and sometimes, even loss of function. We offer chiropractic adjustments to reduce inflammation in the joints. Treatment will raise the body’s anti-inflammatory agents.
- Minimizing scar tissue – Our chiropractors use several techniques that help break down scar tissue. Two primary methods we use are instrument adjustment affected manipulation and trigger point therapy. If you’re dealing with scar tissue, we can help break it up.
- Relieving stress – Getting injured on the job is a stressful experience. Stress has a lot of adverse effects on the body, such as lowering its immune system and making it more vulnerable to diseases. Chiropractic adjustments can release the tension held in the muscles and the body.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injuries
Depending on your workplace injury, chiropractic care can provide you with a wide range of benefits, including pain alleviation. Our office can provide you with manual manipulation, physical therapy, massage therapy, and more. We offer an alternative to medical treatment.
What Are Common Workplace Injuries?
Numerous types of injuries can occur in the workplace. Although workplace injuries come in many different forms, there are some that seem to appear over and over again. At our practice, we see and treat these injuries frequently. If you have been hurt on the job, you may be able to receive care from our doctors. Some of the more common types of workplace injuries include the following:
- Trips, slips, and falls – This type of workplace injury accounts for one-third of all personal injuries in the workplace. If someone trips, slips, or falls, they can injure their head, back, or neck, and even accrue broken bones, cuts, strains, and pulled muscles.
- Strains – Overexertion can cause injuries like muscle strains and repetitive strain injuries (RSI), which can cause long-term debilitating pain and a loss of productivity overall.
- Repetitive-use injuries – These injuries result from doing the same day-to-day activities, whether sitting stationary at a desk or moving heavy machinery.
What Type of Chiropractic Treatment Should I Get?
When you make your first appointment with us it will be an evaluation. Our doctor will sit down with you and talk about what happened, how you were hurt, and what you feel. Based on that and a physical examination, we recommend a workplace injury treatment plan designed just for you.
How Long Will It Take To Improve After Treatment?
It’s hard to give exact timelines for improvement, but you may feel better after just one treatment. Some injuries are more acute than others, and if yours has nerve involvement or is disc-related, we may be able to offer you some immediate relief using treatments such as disc decompression or chiropractic adjustment. Other times the process may move forward a bit more slowly.
What Type of Chiropractic Treatment Works Best?
Sometimes, but not usually, an integrative approach for pain relief is the ideal solution. A typical patient will usually need a select group of treatments that all work together to help fix the problem and eliminate the symptoms. For example, someone with disc pain may benefit from a combination of inversion therapy, acupuncture, and chiropractic adjustments. It all depends on the individual.
Steps for Workplace Injury Prevention
Preventing injury in the workplace is something that everyone should be concerned with, and some simple steps can be taken to reduce the risk of accidents in the first place. Simply wearing proper shoes and clothing is a step in the right direction. So is taking note of your surroundings and ensuring you are alert to any changes that may increase your risk of injury. Most workplaces take steps to reduce the risk of accidents by placing signs in dangerous areas, roping off or putting cones in trouble spots, and more. Despite everyone’s good intentions and caution, workplace injuries still happen. If this is the case with you and you’re hurt on the job, notify your supervisor, get checked out by a healthcare professional, and follow any instructions you are given by them.
When To See a Chiropractor After a Workplace Injury
If you do not typically visit a chiropractor, it might not be common knowledge when to visit a worker’s compensation clinic. But if you’ve suffered a workplace injury, you should file a worker’s compensation claim and visit a chiropractic clinic. The care we provide will allow you to live an independent, pain-free life without the need for pain medication or surgery.
Contact Us Today for Workplace Injury Treatment
If you’ve suffered a workplace injury, visit one of our state-of-the-art facilities in Maryland. With offices in Crofton and Millersville, our valued patients can visit the office that is most convenient for them and their unique needs. If you need workplace injury treatment, look no further than the professional team at Effective Integrative Healthcare. Contact us today to schedule an evaluation.