8 Tips to Age with Grace
No one likes getting older, but why is it that some people seem to age more gracefully than others? While genes play a role, it could mostly be down to lifestyle choices. Want to know the secret to aging with grace? Just follow these tips.
- Wear sunscreen every day: Sun-damaged skin looks years older than skin that has been protected from UV rays over the years. If you’re ready to thwart wrinkles, age spots, and more serious skin cancer, slather on sunscreen every time you go outside. Give extra attention to your face, ears, neck, chest, and arms.
- Get moving: While your skin can reveal signs of aging, the effects go much deeper. Unless you maintain a fitness regimen, your muscles will become weaker and your joints less flexible as the years go by. Make exercise a daily priority so your body doesn’t stiffen up and weaken later in life.
- Stay hydrated: Every bodily function relies on water, so keep everything working the way it should by drinking at least eight cups a day. Skip soda and juice—you don’t need the extra sugar and calories—and reach for plain H2O instead.
- Moisturize: Your skin needs moisture, too. Apply lotion to your body after you shower and anytime it feels dry throughout the day. Moisturize your face morning and night as well. Keeping your skin moist helps prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Learn to cook: It’s okay to eat out once in a while, but processed fast food and frozen dinners won’t help you age with grace. These are often loaded with chemicals and preservatives that act like toxins in your body. Whole foods and healthy cooking techniques are the keys to feeling forever young.
- Take care of your spine: Regular chiropractic care improves joint movement, minimizes balance issues, and keeps you healthier overall. It also slows the process of spinal degeneration to help keep you pain-free as you age.
- Consider bioidentical hormone replacement therapy: Male and female hormone production decreases with age, which can cause decreased sex drive, mental fog, weight gain, and depression. BHRT helps treat these symptoms with bioidentical hormones that your body can’t distinguish from the real thing. A tiny pellet implanted under your skin could be life-changing as you enter your golden years.
- Try IV vitamin drip therapy: IV therapy can help with everything from hangovers to athletic performance. One available add-on called glutathione has powerful anti-aging and brain health benefits. This antioxidant has the power to stop cellular damage caused by environmental toxins, stress, and poor nutrition. It even helps prevent Alzheimer’s and dementia, keeping your mind sharp as you grow older.
If you’re prepared to embrace aging like never before, contact Effective Integrative Healthcare for a free consultation at our Crofton, Millersville, or Lanham, MD clinic. We would be happy to discuss how chiropractic care, BHRT, and IV vitamin drip therapy can help you age with grace.