If you live a relatively healthy lifestyle, you may be frustrated to find yourself dealing with fatigue, hair loss, or weight gain. These and many other health conditions may be caused by chronic inflammation. Here’s a look at the many ways this condition might be negatively impacting your life.
- Weight gain: Unexplained weight gain or difficulty losing weight is a sign that your body might be experiencing a chronic inflammatory response.
- High blood pressure: People often associate salty food with high blood pressure, but inflammation can also cause blood pressure to spike.
- Stroke: If you are diagnosed with high blood pressure, your risk of having a stroke increases significantly.
- Joint pain and stiffness: Acute joint inflammation serves as a protective barrier while you heal from an injury, but chronic inflammation causes arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: This autoimmune disease, which occurs when your immune system attacks healthy tissue, goes way beyond just achy joints. Inflammation is a major cause of RA flare-ups.
- Fatigue: Lethargy and fatigue are common symptoms of inflammation in the gut. If this occurs, your body may not be absorbing nutrients properly, leaving you with a serious energy deficit.
- Headaches: If you suffer from chronic headaches, inflammation could be the trigger.
- Asthma: Inflammatory conditions can affect your airways, making existing asthma symptoms worse.
If you suspect that any of your health conditions could be tied to inflammation, chiropractic care may help. This modality aims to realign the spinal vertebrae for a healthier nervous system. When the spine is aligned correctly, and your nerves function as they should, the production of neuropeptides and cytokines decreases. This, in turn, helps reduce inflammation.