As you get older, your body starts producing fewer hormones. Since these chemical messengers are responsible for controlling nearly all your bodily functions, it’s natural to feel less like your younger, vibrant self as hormone production falls.
That’s where bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) comes in. BHRT is a modern alternative to older hormone treatments, which used synthetic hormones derived from horse urine, resulting in hazardous side effects and controversial results. With a custom dose of bioidentical hormones, you can fight hormone deficiency-related symptoms and get back to enjoying life!
What are Bioidentical Hormones?
Bioidentical hormones are synthesized from plant-derived compounds to exactly mimic the chemical and molecular makeup of the hormones your body creates naturally. Since there is no structural difference between bioidentical and natural hormones, your body readily accepts them, decreasing the risk of side effects and making hormone therapy safe over the long term.
BHRT uses rice-sized pellet implants to deliver custom, long-term doses based on your needs. This eliminates the highs and lows of other hormone replacement therapies, making it a far superior approach to fighting depleted hormone levels. It takes about 10 days for your body to adjust to the new hormones, after which you should start noticing a change.
What are the Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- Decreased menopause symptoms: Menopause is one of the most common conditions that cause hormone levels to change with age. Bioidentical hormone therapy can help control hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, and weight gain that often accompany menopause by balancing and stabilizing your hormone levels.
- Increased sex drive: A drop in estrogen causes vaginal dryness, painful sex, and low libido. Hormone replacement restores your female hormone levels to combat these symptoms.
- Better hair, skin, and nails: Ramping up your hormone levels makes your hair smoother, skin softer, and nails stronger.
- Boosted energy level: Both men and women often grow fatigued more easily as they age. If you feel exhausted all the time and sleep more without feeling rested, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help.
- Stronger bones: The risk of osteoporosis increases with age. A combination of lifestyle changes, medication adjustments, and BHRT can reduce this risk.
- Restored sleep cycle: Hormonal imbalances can make falling and staying asleep difficult. Replaced hormones help restore your regular sleep cycle so you’re more likely to get a good night’s rest.
- Reduced mental fog: Difficulty concentrating or thinking clearly is a common complaint among people with hormonal imbalances. Using bioidentical hormones restores stability in your body to help your brain function normally again.
Bioidentical hormone replacement can benefit both men and women who want to fight symptoms of hormone deficiency. If you’re interested in trying this therapy for yourself, get in touch with Effective Integrative Healthcare. We have over a decade of experience helping our patients enjoy life to the fullest, no matter their age! To get started, please schedule a free consultation at our Crofton or Millersville, MD, office today.