8 Ways That Chiropractic Can Keep You Healthy As You Age
High-Quality Chiropractic Adjustments in Crofton, MD
Take Advantage of Our Chiropractic Care
As we get older, our bodies don’t move and work as they used to when we were younger. Injuries take longer to heal, it’s easier to get injured, and if we don’t constantly work at it, we can start to lose muscle mass. The team at Effective Integrative Healthcare offers chiropractic adjustments to Millersville and Crofton, MD residents, which can help with these issues. Chiropractic adjustments have been proven to help patients stay healthy and active as they get older. Call us to get an appointment scheduled to discover the benefits of chiropractic adjustments for yourself.
Discover Chiropractic Care Health Benefits
Undoubtedly, the aches and pains that come with aging can affect your quality of life. Most people only seek chiropractic care when they injure their back, but our highly trained chiropractors can help with more than that. Chiropractic care can safely and naturally treat multiple ailments without unwanted side effects. Here are eight different ways chiropractic care can keep you healthy as you age:
- Helps Keep Seniors Active – A study reviewed the Medicare database, which examined the role of chiropractic care in keeping older patients active and healthy. The study found that patients who routinely sought chiropractic care had better functioning and self-assessed health than non-chiropractic patients.
- Pain Relief – As you get older and pain starts to appear, it can be easy to turn to pain medication for any discomfort or pain you feel. These medications can quickly add up, making it difficult to keep track of everything. Chiropractic adjustments can offer you pain relief without adding a prescription to the list. Our chiropractors perform spinal manipulation and therapeutic massages to help reduce or eliminate any pain symptoms you may suffer.
- Spinal Alignment and Care – Your bones and spinal columns shift as you age and seeking chiropractic care can help you address these problems. We’ll be able to help your bone structure and muscle tone while improving your range of motion.
- Safer than Medical Care – Chiropractic services are based on non-invasive adjustments that help promote your body’s innate ability to heal itself. A study reported that patients seeking help for musculoskeletal pain were significantly lower for patients who sought routine chiropractic adjustments than those who didn’t.
- Improved Blood Circulation – Through the use of chiropractic adjustments and therapeutic massages, along with additional techniques, our team can help increase your body’s circulation. Getting older often increases the risk of neck, back, and spine inflammation, but chiropractic care can help stop this.
- Help with Dizziness or Vertigo – Your spine plays a vital role in maintaining your balance, and any dysfunction of your joints, especially your neck, can lead to dizziness or vertigo. Chiropractic care can be a successful and beneficial treatment method for those suffering from dizziness and vertigo.
- Improved Digestion – Digestive issues can often be treated by chiropractic care, as the nerves in your spine control your digestive system. When we adjust your spine, you’ll be able to find relief for symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, constipation, gas, and bloating.
- Gain Independence – The older we get, the more likely accidental falls will occur due to weakened body strength and limited mobility. It can often lead to the need for a nursing home or caregiver, which could make you feel that you have less independence. Chiropractic adjustments can help you regain mobility, strengthen weakening muscles, and help make falls less likely to happen.
Schedule Your Chiropractic Adjustment Today
Getting older doesn’t mean you have to live with the pain of chronic conditions or any of the complications mentioned above. Our healthcare providers are committed to working with you to develop a treatment plan that helps treat the root of the problem, allowing you to see and feel results quickly. We aim to deliver comprehensive care with compassion and believe everyone deserves a better quality of life. Call or visit us to request a free consultation to find out how your life can improve with chiropractic care.