The human body has incredible regenerative capabilities—provided it receives the proper stimulation. Active Release Therapy (ART), also known as Active Release Technique, is an increasingly popular way to promote natural healing. It combines movement and massage to treat chronic pain related to the muscles, ligaments, tendons, nerves, and fascia. Qualified practitioners use 500 unique movements to treat specific areas of the body with incredible precision.
Could Active Release Therapy be the right treatment for you? Learn the many benefits of this noninvasive treatment option while considering it as an alternative to prescription medication and surgery.
- Injury prevention: Pulled muscles and torn connective tissues cause scarring, or adhesions. Once this happens, your muscles, ligaments, and tendons become shorter and tighter, making future injuries more likely. ART breaks up adhesions to help prevent you from being sidelined.
- Enhanced athletic performance: Without scar tissue to get in the way, the body heals faster and stays more limber. Studies even suggest that ART naturally improves athletic performance, particularly for runners.
- Improved symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome: Limited hand mobility, swelling, and pain are symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. Active Release Therapy can effectively treat this form of nerve compression, improving mobility and function in the process.
- Reduced low back pain: Chronic back pain is a leading cause of dysfunction among adults. This condition is commonly linked to abnormal adhesions and compressed nerves in the upper legs, which ART can break up and release.
- Improved range of motion after an injury: Whether caused by a work-related injury, sports, or exercise, soft tissue injuries can dramatically reduce mobility. ART is considered an effective way to help the body resume normal movement following an injury.
- Increased flexibility: The legs tend to be a tight area, even for healthy, active adults, increasing the risk of recurring injuries. By relaxing muscles naturally and reducing tough adhesions around muscles and joints, Active Release Therapy can noticeably increase hamstring flexibility, even after a single session.
- Reduced inflammation: ART serves another critical function, which is to deliver joint fluid throughout the body. This stimulates the lymphatic system, providing natural relief from joint pain and inflammation.
- No adverse side effects: Active Release Therapy is your chance to resolve numerous musculoskeletal problems without taking prescription pain relievers, which often have unpleasant side effects or health risks.
- Enhanced quality of life: If you’re dealing with a sports injury, traumatic accident, or overuse in the workplace, you may be stuck at home waiting for your body to mend itself. The healing capabilities of ART are exactly what you need to resume your active lifestyle and get more joy out of the things you love!
Active Release Therapy should only be performed by a certified practitioner like Effective Integrative Healthcare. If you’re ready to enjoy the benefits of ART for yourself, call us at 410-729-2200 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We have locations in Crofton, Millersville, and Lanham, MD.